Tapeworm Diet: Using Beef Tapeworms in Humans
It is undeniable that people will resort to extreme measures in a desperate attempt to shed those extra pounds, but ingesting tapeworms in order to lose weight is not only a radical fad diet method but also an extremely dangerous one.
Thankfully the use of tapeworms as a diet aid is illegal in the US and for good reason.
Tapeworm infestation can result in:
- The formation of cysts in the liver, eyes, brain, and spinal cord with potentially lethal consequences.
- Intestinal Blockages
Medifast- For those with over 50 pounds to lose.
Fat Loss Factor- Successful with those that have failed with many other plans.
Weight Watchers 360- Has the best track record for long term, safe weightloss.
Tapeworm Diet Basics
Although it is not possible to attempt the Tapeworm diet in most countries, it is being offered at some places in Mexico. When you arrive at the treatment location you are given beef tapeworm cysts that have been identified microscopically. This is vitally important because some cows may host pig tapeworms, which are very dangerous.
The tapeworm interferes with your digestion and absorption of nutrients, which means that you can consume more calories and still lose weight. However the parasite also competes for vitamins and other important nutrients, which may result in a nutritional deficiency.
According to some scientists, tapeworm infestation can result in a loss of one to two pounds per week. Once the target weight loss is reached, an deworming agent is given, which kills the tapeworm so it can be expelled.
Costs and Expenses
It appears that the treatment is only available in Mexico at the time of this review and the approximate cost is $1500.
Pros of the Tapeworm Diet
- Weight loss is very likely.
- Some scientists believe that tapeworms can also help to alleviate allergies such as hay fever.
- Extremely dangerous, can cause unpleasant side effects and in some cases can be lethal.
- Does not appear to be adequate protection for consumers in regard to regulation and safety analysis.
- Rebound weight gain is most likely once the tapeworm is expelled.
- Tapeworms can cause a swollen stomach which is not physically attractive and goes against the desired result.
- Not available in most countries.
- Treatment is expensive and will also need to include travel expenses.
An Extremely Risky Weight Loss Approach
It goes without saying that the Tapeworm Diet is extremely risky and can cause a wide rage of undesirable side effects including death. In addition to this, dieters will probably regain all the weight that is lost if they continue with the same eating habits after the tapeworm is expelled.
Dieters are advised to stick with proven weight loss methods such as consuming less calories and increasing physical activity, rather than risking their lives with a technique that is harmful and unlikely to yield positive long term results by trying the tapeworm diet.
This diet is dangerous and is not recommended!