Anti Estrogenic Diet
Ori Hofmekler developed The Anti-Estrogenic Diet for women and some men with signs of estrogen imbalances.
In women these may include classic hormonal conditions such as:
- Menopausal symptoms
In men it may show up as prostate disorders and a reduced sperm count.
More general signs and symptoms for estrogen imbalance include:
- Inability to lose stubborn abdominal fat.
- Reduced libido
- Chronic fatigue
- A reduction in the ability to tolerate stress.
Hofmekler explains that estrogenic chemicals may be found in the diet in foods such as meat, beer, fruit and vegetables treated with pesticides, soy foods, and artificial sweeteners.
Synthetic forms of estrogen called xenoestrogens are also found in cosmetics, cleaning products, air and water.
Anti-Estrogenic Diet Basics
The Anti Estrogenic Diet is based on eliminating estrogenic foods and chemicals while adding anti-estrogenic foods, herbs and spices.
Hofmekler also states that our bodies are designed to digest foods when we are at rest rather than at more stressful and active times of the day. He advises dieters to eat lightly during the day and to eat their largest meals in the evening.
There are three phases to this estrogen reducing diet
1. The first phase is a liver detoxification program that emphasizes fresh fruits and vegetables (especially cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli), low-fat yogurt, organic eggs, beans, whole grains, wild-caught fish and aged cheese.
2. In the second phase dieters introduce foods that have a specific anti-estrogenic effect. Olives and raw nuts and seeds are added to the phase one diet and this higher fat diet provides nourishment to the hormonal systems of the body.
3. The third phase allows meat, bread and pasta to be reintroduced into the diet in the evening meal only. Every other day dieters are advised to adopt either a phase one or two dietary approach.
Specific foods that have an anti-estrogenic effect include cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and Brussels sprouts), citrus fruits, organic milk products, nuts, avocados, eggs, coffee and tea.
Organic foods are to be selected whenever possible Hofmekler also advises the use of supplements to increase the effectiveness of the program by inhibiting estrogen and enhancing liver detoxification.
Estrogen Reducing Meal Plan
1 glass water
1 grapefruit 1 cup of coffee
8oz organic yogurt
1 cup organic strawberries
Green salad and olive oil dressing
Two poached eggs
1-2 oz organic cheese
Peeled granny smith apple
|Late Afternoon Snack|
Pesticide free whey protein shake
Black beans and rice
Avocado and salsa
Green salad and onions
4-6 poached or boiled eggs or 8 oz wild caught fish or 2 oz cheese
Many other healthy recipes can be found here.
Costs and Expenses
The Anti Estrogenic Diet costs $16.95. There are also supplements recommended that will add to the cost of following this diet.
- Speaks to those who have tried a variety of other approaches without the desired results and who are suffering from the signs and symptoms identified as related to estrogen imbalance.
- Does not eliminate entire food groups but rather recommends switching lower quality foods for higher quality. For example choosing organic yogurt and aged cheeses over commercial dairy products.
- Reduces exposure to pesticides and chemicals in the diet and environment.
- May reduce risk of developing hormone related conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome, breast, ovarian, cervical and prostate cancer.
- May also assist with the management and reduce the risk of a number of other conditions such as insulin resistance, diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.
- Some dieters may have difficulty adjusting to having only grapefruit and coffee for breakfast and the other lighter meals allowed during the day.
- Recommended supplements will increase the expense of following this diet plan.
Other Factors Could Be To Blame
There are likely to be other factors involved in the success of this diet in addition to its effects on estrogen balance. The advice to eat lightly within the boundaries of a limited range of foods will make decisions on what to eat during the day easier and thus calories will be easily restricted.
Nonetheless this is a highly nutritious approach to dieting that will provide quality nourishment while also reducing appetite and is especially recommended for dieters who display signs of estrogen imbalance but have failed to achieve the desired results on other weight loss plans.
Other Hormone Balancing Diets
|The Perfect 10||New Me Diet||Sexy Forever|
|Belly Melt Diet||Belly Fat Diet||Fat Resistance|
|Fatigue Diet||Cancer Survivor Guide||Fit Not Fat at 40+|