5-Day Miracle Diet: Blood Sugar Regulating
The 5 Day Miracle Diet is a diet based on consuming reduced calories 5 days of each week and moderate calories on 2 days of each week.
Most people choose to practice the 5 day diet Monday through Friday and take Saturday and Sunday off.
This type of diet can be successful for those that don’t do well on overly restrictive diets and who still want to enjoy ocasional treats and going out to eat on the weekends.
5 Day Diet Basics
The guidelines of the 5 day diet are pretty simple, but basically revolve around a few must follow rules.
Monday Through Friday
- Dieters should follow a reduced calorie diet with no fewer than 1200 calories for females and 1500 calories for males. A good calories for weight loss calculator can help dieters set appropriate daily calorie amounts.
- No refined sugars or carbs.
- Processed foods should be avoided.
- Lean meats and healthy oils only.
- No fried foods.
- Limit low-fat dairy products.
Saturday and Sunday
During the weekends there are no forbidden foods and calories can be increased, but, within reason. Dieters shouldn’t exceed their weight maintenance calorie levels.
Dieters should enjoy their favorite foods on the weekends BUT still practice portion control as well as discretion when eating out.
Keep Your Metabolism Guessing
One of the benefits of the 5 day diet is that it keeps your metabolism guessing, which is believed to prevent plateaus and prevent your body from going into starvation mode.
By increasing your calories 2 days a week, your body doesn’t adapt to the reduced number of calories consumed 5 days a week.
Oatmeal, fresh fruit, green leafy vegetables, sweet potatoes, lentils, black beans, broccoli, carrots, chicken breast, fish, low-fat greek yogurt, brown rice, lean beef, olive oil, eggs, mushrooms, bell peppers, hummus, nuts
Sample Monday Meal Plan
Steel cut oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts, and greek yogurt
Salad with chicken
Handful of almonds
Beef stir fry with brown rice
The 5 Day Miracle Diet recommends moderate exercise 5 days a week. Walking, biking, strength training, weight training, jogging, and swimming are all great ways to burn calories and get fit.
Just be sure the exercise doesn’t put you below your minimum calorie amounts for each of the 5 days.
- Limits refined carbohydrates and sugars.
- Addresses some psychological factors involved in overeating.
- Eating breakfast is associated with improved weight management.
- The 5 day diet can be adjusted to suit vegetarians and those with insulin resistance and carbohydrate addiction.
- Helps those that struggle with deprivation.
- Reduces processed foods in the diet.
- Restrictive during 5 days a week.
- Some may struggle with eating too many calories on the weekends.
- Some may struggle with calorie counting and meal planning.
A 5 Day Blood Sugar Diet
Puhn explains in detail exactly what foods you should be eating and at what times. The diet involves three main meals as well as three or four small snacks daily.
There are strict rules regarding the timing of meals.
- Breakfast should be eaten within thirty minutes of getting out of bed.
- Lunch must be eaten before 1 pm and dinner should be eaten no later than 7 pm
- You must eat snacks as often as required between meals so that you never go more than three hours without eating.
- Breakfast consists of a combination of protein and complex carbohydrate while lunch and dinner includes protein and vegetables.
- Between meal snacks are low glycemic index fruits and vegetables such as apple, celery and melon.
- Dieters are advised to avoid certain foods that have a high glycemic index such as yogurt, bananas, grapes and bagels.
All of the rules of the Blood Sugar Regulating Diet must be followed exactly otherwise you will need to start the program from the beginning. Once you have stabilized on the plan occasional indulges are permitted.
The 5-Day Miracle Diet retails at $17.45.
Click Here to purchase the book for a discounted price.