10 Pounds in 10 Days
10 Pounds in 10 Days is a weight loss program created by television personality and fitness trainer, Jackie Warner.
She reveals the methods that get her celebrity clients in shape ultra-fast, so that you too can achieve rapid results such as a pound a day.
Jackie Warner is also the author of This is Why You’re Fat.
10 Pounds in 10 Days Basics
The program consists of three 10-day phases.
It is designed to help you lose ten pounds fast and then continue losing weight over thirty days.
Involves the use of a 900-calorie diet to quickly stimulate weight loss. You will emphasize foods like whole grains and vegetables that are high in fiber and nutrients.
This helps to reduce carbohydrate cravings by keeping your blood sugar levels in balance.
This stage allows a 1200 calorie intake daily and introduces you to ten superstar foods. These foods have specific benefits that enhance your weight loss efforts.
For example, asparagus helps the liver eliminate toxins and has a strong anti-inflammatory effect. Brown rice provides manganese, which enhances the synthesis of fatty acids, important for weight loss.
You will also eat cellulite-busting foods such as broccoli, kale and parsley.
The last phase increases your calorie allowance to 1500. You are advised to eat two eggs every day because they are high in protein and fat-burning lecithin.
Also Includes Maintenance Guidelines
Warner also offers advice for maintaining your weight loss. This basically entails following the phase 3 diet but with up to two treat meals on the weekend.
Chicken breast, low-fat cottage cheese, oatmeal, sprouted grain bread, Craving Control Bars, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, celery, tomato, broccoli, potatoes, avocado, apples, almonds, walnuts, mustard, extra-virgin olive oil, stevia, green tea, herb tea, coffee.
Sample Diet Plan
1 cup green tea
2 slices whole-grain bread
Craving Control Bar
Pan-grilled chicken breast prepared with ½ teaspoon garlic, ½ tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper
1 bag decaf green tea with 1 bag herbal tea
Dieters are provided with Warner’s “10×10 Training Program”, which includes detailed illustrated daily workouts. The fitness regime is organized into three 10-day plans that correlate with the three phases of the diet.
The workouts highlight quick bursts of cardio activity alternating with muscle-toning exercises. Warner claims this approach is the quickest way to burn fat and adjust your set point towards your ideal weight.
Jackie’s 10 Minute Workout
Costs and Expenses
10 Pounds in 10 Days: The Secret Celebrity Program for Losing Weight Fast retails at $24.99.
- Encourages the consumption of a variety of fresh, unprocessed foods.
- Author has a track record of success in the weight loss field.
- Produces fast results (up to 10 pounds in 10 days), which increases motivation to keep losing weight.
- Provides guidelines for maintaining weight loss.
- Addresses the importance of adequate sleep.
- Exercise program does not require gym membership.
- Diet is extremely restrictive and requires elimination of many foods.
- Meal plans are lacking in variety.
- The diet is below the calorie limit that is regarded as acceptable for healthy weight loss.
- Some dieters will experience fatigue and hunger on low-calorie diets.
- Many will struggle to find enough energy to perform the required exercise routine with such low calories.
Quick Weight Loss Extreme Low-Calorie!
Most people will lose weight very quickly on this program because it combines extreme calorie restriction with increased physical activity.
However, calorie intake on this diet is well below the generally acceptable levels for healthy weight loss. This can increase the risk of nutrient deficiencies, chronic health problems and slow metabolism that could potentially trigger rebound weight gain.
- Singleton, W. S., Gray, M. S., Brown, M. L., & White, J. L. (1965). Chromatographically homogeneous lecithin from egg phospholipids. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society, 42(1), 53-56. Link
- Wadden, T. A., Sternberg, J. A., Letizia, K. A., Stunkard, A. J., & Foster, G. D. (1988). Treatment of obesity by very low calorie diet, behavior therapy, and their combination: a five-year perspective. International Journal of Obesity, 13, 39-46. Link