Vegetarian Pita Calzone Recipe
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 medium fresh tomato
- 3 oz. soft tofu
- 1/2 oz. vegetarian dairy-free Mozzarella cheese
- 1 whole-wheat, approximately 6 inches (2 oz) pita bread
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Drain tofu and coarsely mash in a small bowl. Dice mozzarella and tomato and mix with oregano and Italian seasoning. Stuff pita with mixture, place on baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes, until heated throughout. Serve.
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 6 baby carrots
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. salad dressing, low fat or nonfat; low sodium
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving:)
Calories – 368; Calories from Fat – 79.1 kilocalories; Total Fat – 8.9 grams; Saturated Fat – 0.8 grams; Cholesterol – 1.8 milligrams; Sodium – 473.1 milligrams; Total Carbohydrate – 60.9 grams; Net Carbohydrate – 51 grams; Dietary Fiber – 9.9 grams; Sugars – 15.5 grams; Protein – 18.9 grams
This recipe was provided courtesy of eDiets. Membership to eDiets includes access to their huge vegetarian recipe database as part of their Vegetarian Diet Plan.