Snack Girl Diet
The Snack Girl Diet is a common-sense guide to weight loss and healthy eating written by popular blogger Lisa Cain.
When Cain gained weight after having two children she tried many different diets but to no avail. She didn’t want to go on an extreme diet so she decided to simply pay more attention to what she was eating.
Cain, who is also known as “Snack Girl”, became famous for her satisfying low-calorie snacks.
She aims to provide readers with encouragement, inspiration, recipes and practical advice about how to eat for lasting weight loss, which is found in her book Snack Girl to the Rescue.
Snack Girl Diet Basics
Snack Girl encourages you to follow a healthy lifestyle and a way of eating that emphasizes:
- Eating for lasting weight loss.
- Tasting fresh food again.
- Making your favorite foods healthier.
- Trying new vegetables and whole grains.
Her goal is to share the secrets and recipes that she uses to stay fit and healthy. She offers commonsense advice along with ideas for fun, quick and affordable meals and snacks.
Snack Girl Diet has a variety of easy options to help her readers dodge junk food temptations.
The key to a healthy snack is to keep the calories to 100-200 per portion and pack in as much nutrition as you can.
Snack Girl to the Rescue includes two kinds of snacks.
1. Easy, fast and nutritious snacks:
- Apples and peanut butter
- Dried figs dipped in chocolate
- Carrot, cream cheese, and raisin wrap
- Cheese and tomato cracker
- Spicy roasted chickpeas
2. Recipes that take a little more time to prepare but are worth it:
- Crunchy Kale Chips
- Greek Nachos
- Bake and Take Granola
- Mini Pecan Pies
- No Bake Brownie Balls
Low Calorie Cocktails
If you are trying to lose weight and you want to drink alcohol you have to realize that alcohol has a lot of empty calories.
To help those who prefer to drink sweet alcoholic drinks Snack Girl to the Rescue includes recipes for lower-calorie versions including:
- Relax Your Mind Margarita
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Pineapple Vodka Slushie
Practical Weight Loss Advice
Snack Girl Diet provides lots of tips and tricks for keeping your diet healthy whatever the situation. When eating out in restaurants she offers the following suggestions:
- Have salad dressing on the side.
- No bread on the table.
- Choose grilled rather than deep-fried foods.
- Ask for salad instead of fries.
Suggestions are also given for healthier and lower-calorie versions of comfort food such as:
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower
- Airy and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Homemade Skinny Fries
- Mighty Meatloaf
- Healthier Apple Crisp
- Instant Banana Pudding
- No Bake Cookies
Foods to Choose
Ezekial bread, high-fiber cereal, oatmeal, brown rice, natural peanut butter, almonds, eggs, cheese, yogurt, chicken breast, lean beef, ham, black beans, garbanzos, apples, banana, berries, avocado, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, sweet potato, mushrooms, mayonnaise, mustard, canola oil, dark chocolate.
Possible Meal Plan
Zucchini, Banana and Almond Breakfast Muffins
Simplest Chicken Salad
1 medium apple
Beef and Veggie Cottage Pie
Chocolate Dried Cherry Bites
Start with 5 Minutes a Day
The Snack Girl Diet says that to start losing weight you should get yourself moving but set achievable goals. Begin doing just 5 minutes a day and develop a routine from there. Try to find fun ways to incorporate movement into your daily life.
Above all don’t use food as a reward for exercise. Instead you can provide yourself with an incentive such as fresh flowers or lingerie.
Costs and Expenses
Snack Girl to the Rescue!: A Real-Life Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Healthy with 100 Recipes Under 400 Calories retails at $17.99.
- Offers a simple and commonsense approach to losing weight.
- Teaches you how to read nutrition labels.
- Snack Girl Diet provides options for quick, easy and healthful snacks.
- Includes 100 Weight Watchers-friendly recipes with nutritional information.
- Does not contain a structured meal plan.
- The information may seem too basic for experienced dieters.
- Vegan snack and recipe options are limited.
Common Sense & Flexible Approach
Snack Girl to the Rescue offers commonsense advice on how to lose weight without the need to follow a strict diet.
The foundation of The Snack Girl Diet is its collection of ideas and recipes for simple snacks and meals between 100-200 calories.