PINK Method for Weight Loss
P.I.N.K. stands for Power, Intensity, Nutrition and cardio with a K. It is based on clean eating and simple workouts, was designed specifically for women and is suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
PINK Diet Basics
The program is suitable for women who want to lose anywhere from ten pounds to a hundred pounds and it involves four phases.
Phase 1: P.I.N.K Reset
The first phase is a detoxifying short-term diet that is designed to kickstart your metabolism.
Phase 2: P.I.N.K Primary
In this phase you are introduced to high-energy foods to fuel your workouts.
Phase 3: 7-Day Shred
This one week program includes a high-nutrient “Shred Soup” that helps to shift those last few stubborn pounds and helps you break through weight-loss plateaus.
Phase 4: P.I.N.K Preservation
This is the maintenance program so you can keep the weight off for good and maintain your ideal weight.
The eating plan throughout the phases is based on a reduced calorie, low-fat diet including a variety of whole foods with no food groups being eliminated.
Each day you will receive a customized daily blueprint that outlines your meal plan and workouts for the day. The program also includes over thirty recipes as well as access to online support with daily tracking tools.
Strawberries. lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beets, green beans, asparagus, broccoli, chicken breast, tuna, salmon, egg whites, whey protein, hemp protein, brown rice, quinoa, avocado, dark chocolate.
Sample Meal Plan
Grilled chicken salad
Fish with vegetables and brown rice
Chocolate avocado pudding
The P.I.N.K. Method system includes three main workout DVDs that contain fitness routines ranging from twenty to forty minutes and one bonus workout DVD with 15 minute yoga, abs and lower body workouts.
The workouts are designed to help you build strength and endurance to create a chiseled look, with results noticeable after just three weeks on the program.
The cost of the P.I.N.K program is $67.99 or two payments of $39.99, plus $8.95 shipping from their website.
- Encourages consumption of a variety of fresh, unprocessed foods.
- Based on scientific research and designed by a clinical nutritionist.
- Promises fast results.
- Flexible program that adjusts as you lose weight.
- Provides education about healthy eating.
- Offers online support and motivation.
- Can be modified to suit vegetarians, diabetics and those with gluten intolerance.
- Suitable for all fitness levels.
- Comes with a thirty-day money back guarantee.
- Program is not available for men.
- Not suitable during pregnancy and lactation.
- Will not appeal to dieters who don’t like to follow structured meal plans.
- More expensive that many other weight loss plans.
Appeals to Women
The P.I.N.K method is a holistic weight loss program that includes online support via daily email reminders and the opportunity to connect with other program members online.
It involves a step-by-step process offering nutrition education, meal plans, recipes and workout DVDs designed specifically to suit the needs of women of all ages and fitness levels.
- Monteiro, C. A., Levy, R. B., Claro, R. M., de Castro, I. R. R., & Cannon, G. (2011). Increasing consumption of ultra-processed foods and likely impact on human health: evidence from Brazil. Public health nutrition, 14(01), 5-13. abstract
- Drewnowski, A. (1998). Energy density, palatability, and satiety: implications for weight control. Nutrition reviews, 56(12), 347-353. abstract