Diet Dropout’s Guide to Natural Weight Loss
The Diet Dropout’s Guide to Natural Weight Loss was created by Stan Spencer, PhD, a blogger and former research scientist.
This is not a diet book, but instead, is about creating a personalized weight loss plan.
You will learn to make permanent changes in your eating and exercise habits!
This method helps you find the easiest path to becoming naturally thin and effortlessly achieving your weight loss goals.
Diet Dropout Basics
Most diets fail in the long run because they are hard to follow for any length of time. Dieting can be unpleasant, boring, inconvenient, and expensive. On top of this in most cases you gain weight again when you resume normal eating.
Stan Spencer is offering an alternative that focuses on changing your lifestyle for a permanent weight loss solution. It may take longer to get results but ultimately you will be rewarded as it becomes effortless to maintain your ideal weight.
Eat More Natural Weight Loss Foods
The scientific research shows that people who eat more of the following nutrient dense foods tend to lose weight:
- Fresh fruit
- Whole Grains
These foods are high in fiber so they digest slowly and keep you satisfied for longer.
Eat Three Balanced Meals a Day
Strive to consume three meals a day containing a balance of nutrients. Each meal should consist of approximately:
- 45-65 percent carbohydrates
- 10-35 percent protein
- 20-35 percent fat
This ratio helps reduce cravings so you are less tempted to snack in between meals.
Stop Emotional Eating
It is essential to find better ways to manage your emotions so you can overcome a habit of emotional overeating. Spencer outlines five ways to help you achieve this.
1. Focus on the present
2. Mental relaxation
3. Healthy Thoughts
4. Social Interaction
5. Do Something Productive
Avoid Temptations With Minimal Willpower
Weight loss becomes easier when you have some practical strategies for dealing with situations where you might be tempted. Some examples include:
- Keep junk food out of your house and work environment
- Avoid places where you could be tempted to indulge
- Watch less television to reduce your exposure to advertizing for unhealthy foods
- Always shop with a grocery list of healthy food options
It is also helpful to plan your meals one day in advance and prepare food before you get hungry. These strategies set you up to make positive choices while reducing the risk of potentially destructive impulse decisions.
Satisfying Healthy Foods
Steel-cut oats, quinoa, brown rice, sprouted whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts, beans, soy products, eggs, fish, chicken breast, turkey, yogurt, olive oil, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, herbs and spices.
Possible Day’s Meal Plan
Light and Crunchy Granola
Garden salad with lettuce, tomatoes and grated carrot
Yogurt Chicken Stroganoff
Exercise is Essential
The Diet Dropout’s Guide to Natural Weight Loss says that just about any diet will bring about weight loss. But in order to keep the weight off you must exercise regularly.
For basic health you need to do at least thirty minutes of moderate exercise, five or more days a week. However to maintain a healthy body weight it may be necessary to exercise for sixty minutes a day.
Aerobic exercise burns calories but you can get extra weight loss benefits by boosting your metabolism with strength training.
Costs and Expenses
The Diet Dropout’s Guide to Natural Weight Loss: Find Your Easiest Path to Naturally Thin retails at $11.95.
- Advocates healthy lifestyle changes for a permanent weight loss solution.
- Encourages consumption of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and whole grains.
- Does not require calorie counting or measuring portions.
- Acknowledges the role of stress management and its connection to healthy eating habits.
- Recommends daily physical activity.
- Will not appeal to dieters who prefer to follow a structured diet and exercise program.
- Weight loss results may take some time to become apparent.
- Does not include a meal plan and only provides a limited recipe selection.
- Some dieters will require more guidance to make optimal food choices for health and weight loss.
Changing Lifestyle Habits Works
Experts agree that the best way to lose weight and keep it off for good is to make lasting changes in your diet and exercise habits.
The Diet Dropout’s Guide to Natural Weight Loss provides education and practical strategies to help you create your own personal weight loss plan. Ultimately this allows you to implement a healthy lifestyle solution for permanent weight loss.