Couples Diet: Love Me Slender
A Couples Diet seeks to help the many couples that have gained weight as they became comfortable in their relationships.
There are some couples that are able to avoid this tendency.
In Love Me Slender, Drs. Thomas Bradbury and Benjamin Karney, reveal the dietary secrets of these couples.
The authors are codirectors of the Relationship Institute at UCLA, and have studied how couples can communicate to attain mutual goals.
Couples Diet Basics
Couples can either help or hinder both individual’s progress towards weight loss and better health.
Over the years successful couples are able to maintain their ideal body weight by supporting each other. They work together to follow a healthy couples diet and get regular physical activity. As a result their relationships also become stronger.
Love Me Slender identifies specific principles that couples can use to support each other to achieve their goals.
How Your Relationship Affects Your Food Choices
Your relationship is powerful because you and your partner inevitably and mutually affect each other’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
- Changing your diet is very difficult if your partner is hesitating to do so.
- Eating right is hard when your significant other continues to buy, cook and eat unhealthy foods.
- You are intricately tied to your partner’s life and the choices your partner makes.
- Conversely when you buy food and bring it into your home you are not only choosing for yourself. You also affect the possibility of choices available to your partner.
Invite Your Significant Other to Make Healthy Changes
When you want to make a positive change to your lifestyle it can work better if you extend an invitation.
If you demand involvement in a couples diet this can make your partner feel controlled so they may start looking for a way out. Conversely an invitation leaves the decision up to them and treats them as an equal.
Help Your Partner Eat Healthier – Without Them Even Noticing
If your partner is resistant there are many ways you can make it easier for them to eat healthier. For example Love Me Slender says to:
- If there is a bowl of candy on the counter, put it away and replace it with fresh fruit. This way you are still leaving the decision up to your partner, but making a healthier option more accessible.
- When you go grocery shopping only buy healthy food including a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. If your partner really wants snack foods they can go out and buy them. However, you don’t need to facilitate their unhealthy behaviors.
- Try giving your partner a smaller portion of food. Most people tend to finish what is on their plate so this may help your partner eat less without realizing. If they are still hungry they can go back for seconds.
Exercising together in a couple’s diet is one way to support each other’s weight loss goals and build your relationship. If your partner doesn’t enjoy physical activity, try to transform exercise into something fun.
You may consider activities like walking, hiking, salsa dancing or ice-skating.
Remember, if you make it a date night then it’s not exercise.
Often both members of a couple don’t have the same schedule or enjoy the same activities. In this case you can cooperate to give each other the time needed to exercise, For example, take turns doing grocery shopping and other household chores.
Love Me Slender Costs and Expenses
The couples diet, Love Me Slender: How Smart Couples Team Up to Lose Weight, Exercise More, and Stay Healthy Together retails at $25.99.
- Outlines how couples can support each other’s goals to lose weight and get healthy.
- Provides case studies from real couples, which can help identify patterns within your own relationship.
- Enhances communication and intimacy in the relationship.
- This couples diet promotes long-term positive lifestyle changes that will produce sustained benefits.
- Love Me Slender will not appeal to individuals that are not in a relationship.
- This couples diet does not include a meal plan or information on what to eat.
- It is necessary to refer to other resources to create a healthy weight loss plan.
Support Equals Success
Love Me Slender is a couples diet that can change the dynamics of their relationship to improve health.
When couples support each other’s goals to eat healthy and lose weight they are much more likely to achieve a successful outcome.