10 Day Detox Diet
In the 10-Day Detox Diet Dr. Mark Hyman provides dieters with strategies that activate the body’s natural fat-burning ability.
He says the secret to losing weight and keeping it off is by maintaining low insulin levels.
On this program you will:
- Lose belly fat
- Reduce inflammation
- Reset your metabolism
- Shut off fat-storing genes
- De-bug your digestive system
- Control your appetite
- Alleviate stress
10 Day Detox Basics
The methods outlined in 10 Day Detox help you lose weight rapidly by reducing your insulin levels. Furthermore readers will learn how to follow a healthy lifestyle for disease prevention and general wellbeing.
Fast Track Plan
Dr. Mark Hyman describes this diet as a fast-track plan for losing up to ten pounds and radically rebooting your entire system. By using powerful foods and healthy lifestyle practices you will block fat-storage hormones, reverse inflammation and upgrade your detox pathways.
The 10-day detox plan is laid out in detail so you don’t have to make any decisions about what to eat. This makes sure you get the correct balance of detoxifying foods and nutrients. You should eat until you are about 80 percent full and adjust the portion sizes in the book to suit your needs.
Essentially The 10 Day Detox Diet is:
- A low-glycemic, low-carbohydrate diet based on whole, unprocessed foods.
- It consists primarily of fresh vegetables, proteins and healthy fats.
- You will avoid all forms of sugar, processed foods, gluten, dairy, alcohol and caffeine.
Daily Detox Practices
For each evening of the 10-Day Detox Diet you will enjoy a twenty to thirty minute relaxing UltraDetox Bath. This involves a combination of epsom salts, baking soda and lavender oil.
The UltraDetox Bath offers a variety of benefits:
- Destresses your nervous system
- Relax your muscles
- Ease your mind
- Alkalinize your body
- Eliminate toxins
- Increases circulation
- Promote deep restorative sleep
After the Detox
Dr. Mark Hyman provides dieters with a choice of three different transitional paths to follow after the 10-day plan.
You will continue to follow the basic principles of the diet plan with varying degrees of flexibility.
If you deviate from your plan due to unanticipated circumstances or stress you should be gentle with yourself. You can return to the full 10-Day Detox Diet again to reset yourself and get back on track.
Foods to Choose
Arugula, asparagus, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, green beans, kale, lettuce, mushrooms, onion, spinach, tomato, zucchini, avocado, olives, berries, organic chicken, omega-3 eggs, wild salmon, tofu, tempeh, chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter, tahini, extra-virgin olive oil, extra-virgin coconut butter, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, tamari, herbs and spices.
A Day’s Detox Meal Plan
10 to 12 walnuts
Cream of Asparagus Soup
Sun-dried Tomato Dip
Grilled Snapper with Salad
Begin Each Day with Exercise
Begin each day with thirty minutes of brisk walking or other exercise.
If you are new to exercise just a little can produce substantial benefits. However, as you progress you may need higher-intensity workouts to obtain the same effects.
As your fitness improves you can increase the intensity and duration of exercise and include interval training in your regime.
Costs and Expenses
The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet: Activate Your Body’s Natural Ability to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast retails at $28.
- Easy to follow a program for only ten days.
- Can help dieters overcome food addiction and cravings.
- 10 Day Detox offers guidelines for vegetarians and vegans.
- Dieters who completed the program experienced a 62 percent reduction in their health problems.
- Support and other resources are available online.
- Most people experience fatigue and other uncomfortable detox symptoms when beginning the diet.
- Eliminates a wide variety of foods including fruit, bread, pasta, cereal, potatoes, legumes, alcohol and caffeine.
- Requires the use of nutritional supplements, which significantly increases the cost of the program.
- Involves an increased daily time commitment for food preparation, exercise and the other detox activities.
- For ideal results organic foods are required, which can be more expensive.
A Very Structured Plan
The 10 Day Detox Diet will appeal to dieters with sugar-cravings and blood sugar issues who prefer to follow a structured lifestyle plan.
Like other low-carbohydrate diets it can produce rapid weight loss results. However long-term adherence to a healthy way of living is necessary in order to continue to achieve your goals.
- Ahmed, S. H., Guillem, K., & Vandaele, Y. (2013). Sugar addiction: pushing the drug-sugar analogy to the limit. Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition & Metabolic Care, 16(4), 434-439. link
- Shriner, R. L. (2013). Food addiction: Detox and abstinence reinterpreted?. Experimental gerontology, 48(10), 1068-1074. link
- Dali-Youcef, N., Mecili, M., Ricci, R., & Andrès, E. (2013). Metabolic inflammation: connecting obesity and insulin resistance. Annals of medicine, 45(3), 242-253. link