Weight Loss Grail
The Weight Loss Grail is a simple weight loss plan that is designed to give dieters the knowledge they need to achieve their goals.
The author of the program claims that you can lose 28 pounds in 28 days without ever feeling hungry or giving up your favorite foods.
The Weight Loss Grail borrows ideas from the methods that bodybuilders use to reach very low levels of fat. The author states that even if you are not aiming to achieve such extreme fat loss you can still benefit by adapting their techniques. This will allow you to learn how to lose weight and keep it off for good.
Weight Loss Grail Basics
Instead of eating three large meals a day dieters are advised to break up their food intake into six smaller meals. This is highlighted as the best way to lose fat and maintain your muscle without feeling hungry
The author explains that waiting a long time in between meals slows down the metabolism because it activates the starvation response. This is even more likely when on a low calorie diet. By eating frequent small meals this problem is avoided and fat burning is enhanced.
Calorie restriction is acknowledged as being of prime importance for successful weight loss, however when calories are reduced too low this can cause excessive hunger and may trigger yo-yo dieting. As such dieters are advised to reduce their calories to no less than 80% of the daily requirement.
The nutrient breakdown of the diet should be approximately 45% carbohydrates, 35% protein and 20% fat. However dieters are told that rather than measuring exact proportions of calories and ratios, to think of food in terms of portion sizes. Don’t obsess over the details; just combine a portion of protein with a portion of carbohydrates and you will be fine.
In addition it is recommended in the Weight Loss Grail that you take nutritional supplements including minerals, cod liver oil, probiotics and extra virgin coconut oil. These supplements will assist in the reduction of appetite and cravings by giving your body the nutrients it needs.
No foods are strictly forbidden, however, it is advisable to avoid fried foods. You are instructed not to eat foods you think are healthy for you if you don’t like them.
You shouldn’t try to eat a 100% perfect diet; just aim for an 80% diet that includes foods that you like and that you will be able to stick with. This means that you can cheat every day if you like, so long as the rest of your meals are flawless.
Fat free milk, cottage cheese, chicken, beef, turkey, steak, tuna, lamb, fish, fat free cheese, eggs, protein powder, beans, nuts, whole grain bread, rice, fruit, cereals, pasta, potato, vegetables, olive oil, nuts, avocado, fruit.
Weight Loss Grail Sample Diet Plan
Chicken sandwich with lettuce and mayo
Fruit and yogurt
Fat free milk with cocoa
Dieters can do both aerobic and strength training exercises if desired however weight training is emphasized because it builds muscle and burns more calories.
Costs and Expenses
The Weight Loss Grail is available as an eBook for $37 for the regular package. The platinum package is $49.95 and it also includes ‘The 5 Minute Weight Loss Miracle’, an audio program designed to ‘create a very strong mental desire to lose weight and to also promote natural bodily actions to lose weight’.
Weight Loss Grail Pros
- Very simple and easy to follow.
- Flexible and does not restrict any foods.
- High intake of protein helps maintain muscle and reduce appetite while on a low calorie diet.
- Program can be customized to suit the needs and preferences of the individual.
- Provides advice about goal setting and incorporates visualization techniques.
- Includes links to videos demonstrating resistance exercises.
- Encourages a high intake of water.
Weight Loss Grail Cons
- Requires portion control and monitoring of calorie intake but does not provide adequate guidance in order to achieve these actions.
- Encourages unrealistic weight loss expectations.
- Does not include recipes or meal plans.
- Requires the use of nutritional supplements.
- Expensive and provides a small amount of information and resources in relation to other plans.
The Weight Loss Grail offers a simple approach to dieting that will appeal to dieters who don’t like to follow complicated meal plans or spend a lot of time on food preparation.
Unfortunately it does not supply adequate guidance in relation to calorie counting or portion measurement, which is the fundamental concept necessary for the success of the program. This means that some dieters, especially those with lower calorie needs, could end up consuming too many calories and thus fail to achieve successful weight loss.
- Coakley, E. H., Rimm, E. B., Colditz, G., Kawachi, I., & Willett, W. (1998). Predictors of weight change in men: results from the Health Professionals Follow-up Study. International journal of obesity and related metabolic disorders: journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity, 22(2), 89-96. link
- Ditschuneit, H. H., Flechtner-Mors, M., Johnson, T. D., & Adler, G. (1999). Metabolic and weight-loss effects of a long-term dietary intervention in obese patients. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 69(2), 198-204. link