The Supermodel Diet
The Supermodel Diet is from Kelly Killoren Bensimon, a former model and star of the reality television program, “The Real Housewives of New York”. I Can Make You Hot! was inspired by her personal experiences with dieting.
When Bensimon turned 40 she realized she had to quickly figure out what to eat to keep her body lean and beautiful. In this book she shares her diet and nutrition discoveries and the tips and tricks that worked for her.
The Supermodel Diet can help you lose 3-5 pounds by following a strict diet for three days. You need to consume small portion sizes and eliminate oil, sugar, nuts, salt, caffeine and alcohol.
Supermodel Diet Basics
The rest of the week you should eat a well-balanced diet that includes starchy carbohydrates. You are advised to eat your carbs at breakfast and lunch because your body needs less energy in the evening.
Says Kelly Killoren Bensimon, “Sunday should be a day of rest where you let your body relax and just eat what you want, because if you’re starving yourself or if you’re on some kind of diet all the time, you need a little bit of a break.”
Supermodel Diet Tips
You are advised to think about food shopping the same way you would if you were shopping for clothes. You would probably have a budget.
So you need to consider if you have enough calories to “spend” on a particular food. You should only eat what you can afford.
The book includes a variety of bonus tips such as:
- Why jeans in a smaller size make you look thinner.
- How spicy foods boost metabolism.
- Brushing your teeth or chewing gum can help you eat less.
- Smaller plates reduce your calorie intake.
- Don’t go food shopping when you are hungry.
Encourages Enjoyment of Food
Bensimon believes that bland food makes you fat because it causes overeating. When your food is delicious you are satisfied with less because you eat more slowly and savor each bite.
She shares sixty of her favorite recipes including:
- Thai Chicken Noodle Salad
- Mom’s Irish Soda Bread
- Kelly Green Salad
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- Tipsy Gummi Martini
Green juice, chicken, shrimp, tuna, lean beef, eggs, cheese, yogurt, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, lentils, spinach, celery, edamame, snow peas, cherry tomatoes, salad greens, blueberries, banana, oranges, strawberries, almonds, kale chips, jelly beans, olives, coffee, beer, wine, Diet Coke, lemon juice, truffle oil.
Sample Day’s Meal Plan
2 cups of Kelly Green Juice (blended mint, parsley, broccoli, kale, lime juice, lemon juice and water)
Chicken and vegetables with brown rice
Shrimp with spinach and lemon juice
Glass of water with lemon juice
Daily exercise is essential on this program. Bensimon recommends doing yoga, Pilates, walking or cycling for at least 20 minutes.
Costs and Expenses
I Can Make You Hot!: The Supermodel Diet retails at $24.99.
Kelly Killoren Bensimon Discusses Her Diet
- Includes a seven-day meal plan and recipes.
- Will probably produce fast results.
- Advocates enjoyment of food.
- Encourages consumption of vegetables.
- Free day once a week makes it easier to stick with the diet over the longer term.
- Highlights the importance of adequate sleep.
- Author does not have a background in nutrition.
- Emphasizes appearance and being thin rather than losing weight to improve your health.
- Advocates quick weight loss at a rate that is generally regarded as unhealthy.
- Diet is very restrictive for three days of the week.
- Encourages consumption of alcohol and diet soda.
- Will not appeal to male readers.
- The author does not follow her own diet most of the time.
I Can Make You Hot!: The Supermodel Diet involves 3 days of calorie restriction with a normal balanced diet the rest of the week.
You might lose weight quickly on this plan simply due to the low calorie intake. However, this way of eating is probably not sustainable as a long-term approach to healthy weight management.