Skinny Switch Secret Diet
The Skinny Switch Secret Diet is an online program that was developed by Rob Nevin who is a personal trainer and fat loss expert.
Nevin says that his program is not a diet but an eating plan that can be maintained over the long term as part of a healthy lifestyle approach to weight management.
Skinny Switch Secret Diet Basics
The basic structure of the program involves three days where you eat meals that are similar to that of the Zone Diet. Dieters eat three meals and two snacks daily that contain balanced amounts of protein, carbohydrates and fat.
Every fourth day is a cheat day where the calories and carbohydrates are a bit higher. On this day you are also allowed to have one treat food such as pizza or ice cream if desired.
The idea is that alternating the intakes of calories and carbohydrates jump-starts the metabolism and maximizes the fat burning ability of the body.
A unique aspect of the program is that a custom eating plan is developed for you individually. When you sign up you will be asked to enter your measurements and your weight loss goals.
You then will choose from a list of options the foods you would like to include or exclude from your plan. Many dieters will appreciate that they can include the foods they enjoy in their diet. If you have an intolerance to dairy products or nuts this can also be taken into consideration however this will greatly limit your meal choices.
You are also allowed to select your favorite choices from the meal options provided. This information is used to create your meal plan. Every meal in the plan comes with a recipe.
Each week a new meal plan will be created for you and a shopping list will be generated for you at the beginning of each week.
A custom fitness plan is also created for you that is based on your current level of fitness and exercise preferences.
Chicken breast, fish, lean meat, eggs, whole grains, low fat dairy products, fruit, vegetables, low fat salad dressing, raw nuts, avocado.
Sample Diet Plan
Fat free yogurt
1 piece string cheese
Greek turkey salad pita
1 ounce dried mixed fruit
Sandwich with bacon, chicken, tomato and low fat mayo
The commercial for the program states that you can lose weight without exercise. However exercise is actually part of the program and dieters are advised to exercise 30 minutes each day.
Costs and Expenses
The Skinny Switch Secret program costs $154.70 for six months membership, which works out to $5.95 a week. A 30-day money back guarantee is offered if you are not completely satisfied with the program.
- Includes recipes and meal plans.
- Does not require special foods.
- No need to give up favorite foods.
- Possible to stick with the program while eating out.
- Program is customized according to age, gender and food preferences.
- Cycling between low and high calories and carbohydrates can avoid metabolic slowdown, which often occurs on continual low calorie and low carbohydrate diets.
- Includes an online support community which is associated with an increased chance of successful weight loss.
- Money back guarantee if not happy with the program.
- Requires a fair amount of time to be spent on food preparation.
- Expensive in comparison to many other programs.
- Meal plans appear to be lacking in an adequate amount of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Once the basic concept of the Skinny Switch Secret Diet is understood it would be very simple for dieters to construct their own meal plans. For much less than the cost of the program dieters could purchase several books and design their own program.
The main advantage to the Skinny Switch Program is the convenience of organized meal plans and shopping lists, which will save dieters a lot of time and energy.