Master Cleanse Coach
The Master Cleanse Coach is written by Peter Glickman, who has been referred to as a modern-day guru of the Master Cleanse.
Glickman has personally coached over 2,000 people who have undertaken this detoxification program.
This book gives you all the information you need to undertake the Master Cleanse.
However, it is also written as a guide for those who wish to coach others through the procedure.
Master Cleanse Coach Basics
The program outlined in this book is based on the original Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs. This plan is also known as the “Lemonade Diet” and has been recently popularized by celebrities including Beyonce and Jared Leto.
The Master Cleanse is a detox diet that can help you lose weight and improve your health. Many people lose one pound for each day of the cleanse but everyone is unique so results can vary.
Glickman explains the process of detoxification and some of the symptoms you might experience as you detox your body. These side effects usually only occur in the beginning and generally last no more than four days.
Possible Detox Reactions on the Master Cleanse
- Rashes and skin eruptions
- Aches and pains
- Food cravings
How to Coach Others on the Master Cleanse
If you are planning on coaching others, Glickman provides advice on how to safely guide them through the Master Cleanse. He answers many commonly asked questions such as:
- Why does the Master Cleanse work?
- Should you encourage someone to continue or quit?
- How do you reduce the discomfort of detox symptoms?
- What should you eat when you finish the cleanse?
- What are the legal considerations for coaching?
He also offers reference to scientific studies providing evidence in support of the program.
Who Should Not Do the Master Cleanse?
This program can cause the body to detoxify very quickly, making it potentially dangerous for certain individuals. People who should not do the Master Cleanse include:
- Anyone who has undergone chemotherapy within the last six months.
- People healing from major surgery.
- Patients with a several year history of the use of psychiatric drugs.
- Children and teenagers.
- Those who are more than 70 pounds overweight.
Patients on blood thinning or high blood pressure medications should do the cleanse in coordination with the primary care physician. This is because the dosage of these medications will need to be adjusted due to the effects of the cleanse.
Lemonade Diet Recipe
The only thing to be consumed is the “lemonade” drink, which consists of:
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Organic grade B maple syrup
- Cayenne pepper
- Spring water
For the best results you should follow the plan exactly and not make any ingredient substitutions. You should drink a minimum of six lemonades every day, however you can have more if you like.
The enzymes in the lemon break down layers of old waste in the colon. Maple syrup supplies sugar for energy and minerals. Cayenne pepper contains vitamins and has been used by herbalists to dilate blood vessels, dissolve mucus and support heart health.
Lemon juice, grade B maple syrup, fresh cane sugar juice, cayenne pepper, spring water, herbal mint tea.
Detox Meal Plan
32 ounces spring water with two teaspoons sea salt
Herbal laxative tea
Can I Exercise?
You can do aerobic activities, like walking, running and cycling, and most people report having more energy on the cleanse.
However, bodybuilding exercise is not compatible because there is no protein, which is necessary for building muscle.
Costs and Expenses
The Master Cleanse Coach: Expert Coaching for You and Your Friends retails at $12.95.
Also available by the same author is “Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days: Take Charge of Your Health with the Master Cleanse” for $16.95.
Click here to purchase Master Cleanse Coach for a discount.
- Generally produces very rapid weight loss.
- May improve health problems that are related to toxins in the body.
- Offers advice to common questions about the Master Cleanse.
- Can help you guide your friends, family or clients through the program.
- Includes a shopping list for a ten-day program.
- Most people experience uncomfortable detox reactions.
- The majority of weight loss will be water rather than fat.
- Lean muscle will be diminished, which can have a negative long-term effect on metabolism.
- Dieters will probably experience rebound weight gain when normal eating is resumed.
- Some people experience mineral depletion and tooth sensitivity related to the acidity of lemon juice.
Good for Cleansing, But Not for Weight Loss
The Master Cleanse Coach provides the information you need to do this program and guide others through the process. This plan can produce rapid weight loss, however it is highly restrictive, and many will struggle with rebound weight gain.