Look Ten Years Younger
Ten Years Thinner is a diet and exercise plan created by Christine Lydon, MD, a Yale educated medical doctor who is also a fitness model and celebrity personal trainer.
Lydon says that her six-week program will make you look and feel ten years younger by teaching you how to eat for a higher metabolism. It also includes exercises that maximize fat burning and combat the aging process in less than 25 minutes a day. Her program could spare you from plastic surgery down the road.
Look 10 Years Younger Diet Basics
The first two weeks of the diet involve elimination of a variety of foods including grains, legumes, dairy products and starchy vegetables. These foods are gradually reintroduced back into the diet during weeks three to six. The purpose of this is to test for food sensitivities by removing common food allergens from the diet including wheat, dairy and soy.
You will eat three meals a day that must include at least one serving of lean protein and at least one serving of fruit or vegetables. You will also have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack, which consists of a combination of nuts, seeds and fresh fruits.
10-12 oz of water should be consumed with each meal or snack. 3 cups of black coffee are allowed each day but this doesn’t count toward your water intake. Alcohol is eliminated entirely for the first six weeks.
Ten Years Thinner recommends several nutritional supplements as part of the program including a multivitamin, fish oil, calcium and magnesium. The book also provides a meal plan and recipes.
Fruit and vegetables, free range eggs, chicken breast, turkey breast, ostrich, buffalo, lean beef, fish and seafood, nuts and seeds, peanut butter, plain yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, legumes, tofu, protein powder, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, potatoes, rice, mustard, olive oil, salsa, pickles, soy sauce, maple syrup, dried fruit, chocolate, green tea, herb tea.
Sample Diet Plan
½ cup mixed nuts
Lettuce Wrap Tacos
½ cup mixed nuts
Quick Fix Chicken Stir Fry
An exercise program to look ten years younger is included in the book, which can be done at home in about 20 minutes and includes the use of free weights. A five-minute stretching routine is also provided. Each of the exercises are explained in detail with photographs.
There is no aerobic exercise included in 10 Years Thinner, but the exercise routine is structured so that you increase your heart rate when you perform the strength training exercises.
Costs and Expenses
Ten Years Thinner: 6 Weeks to a Leaner, Younger-Looking You retails at $16.95.
- Educates dieters about basic nutrition.
- Concentrates on health rather than just weight loss.
- May assist with identification of food intolerances.
- Encourages exercise and includes an illustrated exercise routine.
- Includes a meal plan and recipes.
- Provides tips for eating in restaurants.
- Gives guidelines for a maintenance program.
- The author’s website provides dieters with additional support including an online forum.
- The first two weeks of the diet are very restrictive.
- May require extra time planning and preparing meals.
- Some dieters may prefer not to eat five times a day.
- Intake of nuts is very high, which can increase the fat content of the diet.
- Does not provide guidance for vegetarians.
- Requires the use of nutritional supplements.
Ten Years Thinner will help to educate dieters about how to eat and exercise to lose weight and stay healthy. The first several weeks of the program are fairly restrictive, however as dieters progress it becomes much easier to follow.
This book will appeal to dieters who are interested in learning the basics of nutrition and want to kick start weight loss as they commence a healthy lifestyle to feel and look ten years younger.