I Love This Diet: Frozen Meal Plan
I Love This Diet is a weight loss plan centered on Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, and Smart Ones frozen meals with the addition of fresh fruit, vegetables and low fat dairy products.
It is designed by a dietitian to be nutritionally adequate and help you to achieve a weight loss of one to two pounds per week.
Frozen Meal Diet Basics
I Love This Diet is very simple to understand. You will be given a daily calorie allowance based on your current weight. As you start to lose weight your calorie intake is adjusted accordingly.
Each day you will consume a healthy light breakfast, one frozen meal for lunch and one frozen meal for dinner. Even though most frozen meals do contain vegetables you will also add an extra four servings of vegetables to your daily meals, with at least three of these being non-starchy vegetables.
You have the option of preparing meals from scratch if you prefer. The book includes a variety of recipes under 300 calories for those times when you don’t feel like eating a frozen meal.
In addition you will consume three servings of fruit a day and two cups of non-fat milk (or allowable substitutes such as nonfat yogurt, fat-free cheese or fortified soy milk). Dieters are also permitted to choose one treat daily from a list of options including items like cookies, cakes, ice cream, and popcorn, but this must be less than 100 calories.
Alcohol is discouraged because it is high in calories and tends to increase the likelihood of making unhealthy food choices, however if you desire you can substitute one glass of wine or light beer in place of a treat, up to two times a week.
Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice frozen meals, Slim Fast shakes, fruit, vegetables, whole grain cereal, whole wheat bread, skim milk, nonfat yogurt, cottage cheese, tofu, egg whites, light peanut butter, baked potato chips, microwave popcorn, Weight Watcher’s ice cream bars, low calorie salad dressing, Splenda, coffee, tea, diet soda.
Sample I Love This Diet Meal Plan
|Breakfast1 cup Honey Nut Cheerios|
1 cup skim milk
1 cup raspberries
|Morning SnackNabisco Chips Ahoy 100 calorie pack|
|LunchProgresso 99% Fat Free Lentil Minestrone|
|Afternoon Snack½ cup grapes|
1 cup nonfat yogurt
|DinnerLean Cuisine Lasagna with Meat Sauce|
1 cup steamed broccoli
It is acknowledged that daily physical activity is healthy for you, but exercise is not required for weight loss with this program.
Costs and Expenses
I Love This Diet is available for immediate download for $47.97. There is a 60 day money back guarantee if you don’t like it.
- Easy to understand and dieters can get started right away.
- Frozen meals are convenient for a busy lifestyle.
- Encourages food journaling, which has been associated with a greater chance of successful weight loss.
- Recommends a safe and realistic rate of weight loss.
- Includes a wide selection of meal ideas and recipes.
- Vegetarian options are available.
- Created by a dietitian.
- Provides weekly coupons and savings information for the recommended food products.
- Will not appeal to dieters who don’t enjoy eating frozen and processed foods.
- Does not provide guidance or support for dealing with the psychological factors involved in weight management.
- Calorie intakes may be too low for men and physically active dieters.
- Dieters are required to create their own meal plan from the options provided and keep track of calories.
- Not suitable for vegans.
- Sodium intake is higher than currently recommended amounts.
- Encourages the consumption of diet soda and artificial sweeteners.
I Love This Diet is a weight loss plan based around the use of ready made frozen meals such as Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice. It will appeal to busy dieters who don’t require the support provided by weight loss clubs.
This program encourages the addition of fresh fruit and vegetables to the daily diet and offers some guidance on how to prepare healthy meals with a variety of recipes. Dieters are most likely to be successful on this plan if they take advantage of these resources, rather than relying exclusively on the use of packaged meals.