7 Day Fat Blast Diet
The 7 Day Fat Blast Diet is found in the book Side Effect Skinny, the latest book by Denise Austin.
She is recognized as America’s favorite fitness expert and has been promoting health and fitness for over 25 years.
Side Effect Skinny offers weight loss solutions for real-life women of all ages.
Austin sets out to redefine skinny and shows readers how to get feel more energetic and look their best.
Becoming skinny is just a welcome side effect of a her simple, yet effective Fat Blast Diet.
7 Day Fat Blast Diet Basics
The foundation of the Fat Blast Diet involves 7-day cycles based on the concept of calorie confusion.
You will change your calorie intake every two days, which boosts your metabolism. Your daily calorie intake will range between 1200 and 1500.
This also makes it easier to stick with the program because you always know that you can have more calories in a day or two.
The Super Splurge
While you are following The 7-Day Fat Blast Diet you are allowed to cheat with a “super splurge” once a week.
Austin shows you how to enjoy your splurge, while still keeping your calories at around 1500 on that day. You will eat a light breakfast and a light lunch. Then that evening you can indulge in your favorite cocktail and restaurant meal.
The splurge meal helps reduce the cravings that can occur when following a strict diet for an extended period.
Fat Blasting Foods
The Fat Blast Diet meal plans emphasize nutrient-dense foods that can enhance the health of certain body organs. These foods actually resemble the part of the body that they support.
- Walnuts look like a brain and they improve brain function.
- Beets enhance the health of the blood, which can be related to their blood-red color.
- Avocados benefit the female reproductive system throughout a woman’s life.
- Sweet potatoes bear some similarity to the pancreas and can improve the function of this organ.
Double-Your Metabolism Foods
Austin reveals the latest research on foods that can boost your metabolic rate. She explains why these foods are incorporated into the meal plan and what they will do for your body.
Metabolic boosting foods include:
- low-fat dairy products
- green tea
- green coffee
Other foods include: Lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, avocadoes, carrots, berries, kidney beans, corn tortillas, whole-wheat pasta, whole-wheat bread, oatmeal, flaxseeds, almonds, chicken breast, turkey, salmon, shrimp, lean beef, eggs, mustard, balsamic vinegar.
Possible Daily Meal Plan
1 egg plus two egg whites, scrambled with spinach and low-fat cheese
Grilled chicken breast
2 tablespoons walnuts
Interval Walking Recommended
The 7 Day Fat Blast Diet exercise plan involves an Interval Walking Program that lasts for 30-minutes. It includes body-toning exercises called “7-Minute Slimmers” that can be done at home with a set of light dumbells.
You will also do three basic stretches every morning to trigger your body to get into calorie-burning mode.
The fitness plan also includes the “Daily Body Blitz”. You will choose from 20 movements that can be done in your car, your kitchen or in the office. The purpose is to change your daily routine and surprise your muscles, which helps prevents weight loss plateaus.
Costs and Expenses
Side Effect: Skinny: Denise Austin’s Fat Blast Diet retails at $25.95.
Denise Austin’s 7 Day Fat Blast Diet on The Doctors
- Includes a meal plan and simple recipes.
- You don’t have to completely give up your favorite foods.
- Variations in daily caloric intake boosts metabolism and helps prevent cravings.
- Weekly cheat meal makes it easier to stick with the program over the long term.
- The Fat Blast Diet encourages daily physical activity.
- Requires calorie counting and monitoring portion sizes.
- Calorie intake may be too low for physically active dieters.
- The Fat Blast Meal Plan is very structured.
- Does not allow eating after 7pm.
Calorie Cycling May Indeed Help
The 7 Day Fat Blast Diet uses the concepts of “calorie cycling” and “muscle confusion” to boost metabolism. This prevents the body reaching a weight loss plateau that generally occurs with long-term dieting.
This program can help you achieve rapid weight loss while improving your fitness and eating habits. However, it can also be followed as a healthy lifestyle plan to help you maintain your ideal weight.
- Moreno, B., Bellido, D., Sajoux, I., Goday, A., Saavedra, D., Crujeiras, A. B., & Casanueva, F. F. (2014). Comparison of a very low-calorie-ketogenic diet with a standard low-calorie diet in the treatment of obesity. Endocrine, 1-13. link
- Peinado, A. B., Rojo, J. J., Calderón, F. J., & Maffulli, N. (2014). Responses to increasing exercise upon reaching the anaerobic threshold, and their control by the central nervous system. BMC sports science, medicine and rehabilitation, 6(1), 17. link