Bodychef UK: Home Diet Delivery
Bodychef is a UK based home diet delivery service that delivers fresh, never frozen portion and calorie controlled meals directly to the customer’s door twice a week.
Bodychef was founded by Jayne Ritchie M.D. in 2003 and is based on years of research and testing. Since, she has helped thousands of UK residents lose weight. Ritchie says that it customers follow the BodyChef program they can expect to lose 1 stone in the first month.
This diet food delivery service has also been endorsed by several UK celebrities such as Scott Mills and Catherine Tate along with many other testimonials that can be found on the Bodychef Website. Charlotte Donovan, the Bodychef Makeover winner, has this to say:
“I have found it very easy to lose the weight because everything is planned and they’re ready so I can’t be tempted by fast food or take-aways! I am really enjoying all the food and look forward to the deliveries to see what delights I’ll have over the next few days!
I have lost 1 stone and 5 pounds in one month – 11 pounds in the first 2 weeks! Now I have got to my ideal size I feel that I will be able to maintain it because Bodychef has taught me about portion sizes and introduced me to healthy, tasty snacks.”
Bodychef Diet Basics
All new customers first get a personal consultation from the staff at Bodychef in order to establish the customer’s goals, lifestyle, food preferences, allergies, etc. Once this is established the customer is placed in one of the 7 specially designed meal delivery plans.
- Premiere Plan: This plan designed for meat eaters and has a 1200 or 1600 Calorie option.
- Vegetarian Plan: This plan is for vegetarians and has a 1200 or 1600 Calorie option.
- Detox Plan: This plan is based on the concepts of the Skinny Bitch book and consists of 1000 Calories a day.
- Low GI Plan: This plan is focused on stabilizing blood sugar levels and consists of 1350 Calories daily.
- Superfoods Plan: This plan is based on the highly nutritious superfoods and has a 1200 or 1600 Calorie option.
- Flatbelly Diet Plan: This plan starts with a detox component and then dieters are able to follow a 1600 Calorie a day meal plan.
- Lower Carb Plan: This is Bodychef’s version of a low carb diet with a 1200 or 1600 Calorie option.
In addition to the above plans, dieters can choose how many days a week they would like to consume the meals which can be 7, 5, 4, or 3 days. The freshly packed and chilled food hampers that Bodychef delivers have everything needed for each meal including condiments. Meals simply need to be reheated by the customer.
Sample Meal Plan
This sample is based on the Premiere plan.
Fruit salad with wholemeal bread & jam
Crispbreads with egg mayonnaise & soft fruit
2 spicy mince tortilla with yoghurt dressing & carrot salad
2 fruit jelly
Bodychef does not make exercise recommendations as part of their service.
The price for this diet meal delivery service will vary according to which options are chosen, but expect to pay around 48 pounds for a 3 day premiere plan and up to 96 pounds for the basic 7 day premiere plan.
Delivery is included unless you choose an alternate delivery time or if you live in Northern Ireland, then there is an additional 7 pound fee charged.
- Provides Calorie and portion controlled meals.
- Everything for meals is provide apart from milk and water.
- Very little shopping required.
- Meals are fresh, never frozen.
- Many different options to choose from.
- New customers can try their service for a 3 day trial.
- Doesn’t provide exercise recommendations.
- Doesn’t provide snacks for in between meals.
- More expensive than shopping and preparing meals yourself.
Great For Those With Portion Challenges
Bodychef diet meal delivery service is perfect for people who have busy lives and don’t have time to prepare healthy, calorie controlled meals. In addition, dieters who struggle in the supermarket with buying healthy food and not resisting junk food will also greatly benefit from what Bodychef has to offer.
The choices available to the customer would seem to fit into many different lifestyles, however, if Bodychef included some exercise guidelines and/or plans they could greatly improve the effectiveness of their diet food delivery program.
- Rolls, B. J., Morris, E. L., & Roe, L. S. (2002). Portion size of food affects energy intake in normal-weight and overweight men and women. The American journal of clinical nutrition, 76(6), 1207-1213. study link
- Hannum, S. M., Carson, L., Evans, E. M., Canene, K. A., Petr, E. L., Bui, L., & Erdman, J. W. (2004). Use of Portion‐Controlled Entrees Enhances Weight Loss in Women. Obesity research, 12(3), 538-546. study link